Most trucks and jeeps arrive from the factory with the rear end sitting higher than the front. Unless you’re going to be constantly carrying around a heavy load in the rear, this affects your performance and vehicle looks. The solution is a suspension levelling kit or lift kit.
Levelling kits allow you to raise the front-end of a truck or jeep wrangler slightly to match the rear. However, despite the positives, there are some downsides. Let’s take a look:
Pros of a Front-End Levelling Kit
- Suspension lifts can go as high as you’re comfortable with.
- Modify your handling and performance.
- Improve your handling and ride.
- More suspension travel.
- You can fit larger tires without them hitting the inside of the fender or bumper.
- Fix sagging caused by front-end winches.
- Prevent vehicle damage while driving off-road.
Cons of a Front-End Levelling Kit
- Entering and exiting the vehicle is harder due to the increased ride height.
- Components may wear at an accelerated rate, especially if the lift is combined with larger, heavier tires.
- Decreased fuel economy (For many people, the increased pump price is well worth the style and ride improvements of a lifted truck).
Which Lift Kit is Best for You?
Deciding between a front-end levelling kit, or a full four-wheel lift kit comes down to personal preference. If you just want a subtle front end balance adjustment, then a levelling kit is probably best for you. If you need a more extreme change for off-road confidence, go with a lift kit installation.
Levelling and Lift Kit Installation Near Me in Long Island, NY
If you want a Lift Kit Installation in Long Island, NY then use Auto Kicks and our 20 years of experience. We’re stocked with popular brands including Rough Country, Superlift and ReadyLift. Give us a call at (631) 585-8880 or stop by 25 Raynor Avenue Ronkonkoma, New York 11779.